|"Backlit Jack." Oil on Canvas, 20 x 20 inches.|
I have written at least four blog posts since my last one - unfortunately, they were all written in my head, not on my key board. I guess it's hard for you to read my thoughts, huh? Yeah. So here's one you can actually read. (hopefully)
Lots of upcoming shows! In East Nashville:
In Twentynine Palms, I will be part of the Joshua Tree National Park Art Exposition. The opening reception is on Friday, December 5th, from 5 to 8 pm. I will also have a booth outside near the 29 Palms Inn on Saturday, December 6th from 10 to 4 and Sunday, December 7th from 10 to 3 pm. I hope you will come out to visit me if you are in the high desert! I will have new giclee reproductions for sale along with recent original paintings of desert animals. I am working on some smaller, affordable original works that would make really nice gifts for the holiday season.
The holidays can be a hectic time of year. I hope you will take a moment to list some things you are thankful for. Here is my list, in no particular order:
Things I am thankful for....
1. My husband, who tolerates my art obsession and still loves me.
2. My family, who know all of my shortcomings and still love me.
3. My friends. I really have some amazing people who call me a friend. Wow. I am lucky.
4. My dog. Pono - who drives me nuts but makes me laugh every single day.
5. Collectors of my art - you are the people who make it possible for me to keep painting, and I am so so grateful for you.
6. Appreciators of my art - even if you can't afford to buy my art, or you just don't have the space, I value your feedback and encouragement.
7. Gallery owners who show and help me sell my art. I am so thankful for your help.
8. My blog readers - you!!!
9. Desert critters. Of all sorts
10. A warm house
11. Hot tea
12. Good music.
13. Paint and brushes.
14. Warm slippers
My list could be a lot longer, but I think I got the important ones down. What is one thing you are thankful for this November? Leave a comment and let me know, because I do love to hear from you.
Happy Thanksgiving, my dears!!!