Monday, June 2, 2008

Upcoming Road Trip


Tomorrow I am headed out for Colorado once again. This time, I have decided to drive, so that I can take Mr. Pono with me. So I have spent the day loading up the VW Van, packing clothes, food, sleeping bags, etc. I also cleaned up the house a bit. I hate to come home to a mess. I will be visiting my Mom and Dad. Mom is in the hospital again. I am her main advocate in the hospital, so I better get going.

I leave you with another watercolor painting. This one is older, from 2006. I just discovered it in a drawer, and I really like it. It measures ALMOST 8 x 8 inches (more like 7 3/4 x 7 3/4 inches, really.) I am still pondering the title, but it might end up being called "Close Up".

I also want to take a moment and thank all of you for your input on my artist's statement! It really helped to have feedback. I am in the process of polishing it now, and I am keeping all of your suggestions in mind. Thanks!

Oh! I almost forgot. Two of my cactus outside are about to bloom, and one of them looks like a rabbit or some kind of critter. Here's a photo. I had a discussion with this cactus, during which I told it to bloom tomorrow so that I could see it before I leave for Colorado. It promised to try really hard.

5 comments:

lee said...

I love the colour of this painting. You are a good daughter, you are there when you are needed. Some poeple never have that in their life.

High Desert Diva said...

Love that cactus!

Safe travels and well wishes to your mom

Archie and Melissa said...

hi karine

have a safe trip! i am sorry that your mom is in the hospital. She is so lucky to have you.

melissa

Anke Martin said...

Hope you had a good drive...the cactus is sooo cute, but only looking at it, touching....outch!
So see you when you are back and lot's of get well wishes to your mom.
Smiles, Anke ;)

kate smudges said...

I hope you are having a wonderful trip, accompanied by Pono. At the same time, am sending healing thoughts to your mum - she is lucky to have you as an advocate for her.

Loce the cacutus as it is about to bloom.