Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Gratitude

I about to hop in the car to drive to Colorado, but first, I thought I would quickly list some things I am thankful for.
1.  Peanut butter
2.  hot tea
3.  Pono
4.  warm sweaters
5.  my husband (this is not in order of importance, mind you.  He would be first, if that were the case!)
6.  all the variations of the color blue
7.  the desert light
8.  good friends
9.  oil paint
10.  my family

Do you remember this painting?


Well, now it looks like this.  I was hoping to take it with me to Colorado, but it is still just a little too wet.   "Autumn Moon", oil on canvas, 60 x 48 inches.


Have a great week and a great Thanksgiving, everyone!

8 comments:

Tina Bluefield said...

Bon Voyage, Amiga!

Patty said...

And I'm thankful for you!
I loved the first painting, and LOVE the new piece! I'd love to see it up close, to experience the textures and subtleties.
Happy Thanksgiving Sweetie!

desertbackroadfiend said...

Wow, what a wonderful transformation! I love it!

Safe travels - the desert already misses you.

~KT

p.s. I love your 'thankful for' list.

Archie and Melissa said...

happy happy thanksgiving karine!

have a safe trip to colorado!

the weather is perfect!

please contact me if you have time. i would love to see you!

xoxoox
melissa

emmet said...

i'm grateful for you!

ArtPropelled said...

Yes! I love this one even more than the first one. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, Karine.

Linda O'Neill said...

I laughed when I saw peanut butter at the top of your list. HA!

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Karine!

Amy Schimler-Safford said...

Yay for husbands, peanut butter, family and friends and the color blue. That is a lot to be grateful for and that is only half the list! Hope you had a lovely holiday.