Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Miniatures

I have been working large this year. Several people have been interested in the large paintings, but they do cost more - they take more time, more paint, more canvas, etc. I know that affording a large painting is tough, and I am sorry for that. But painting large is SO MUCH FUN. Nevertheless, I know I must also paint things that regular folks can afford. So I have spent the last couple of days working on smaller originals for the smaller budget. What a switch - large brushes and whole arm movements to small brushes and wrist or sometimes only finger movements. Wow.

"aahhh" Acrylic and collage on canvas, 6 x 6 inches. ©2012

"yrr." Acrylic and collage on canvas, 6 x 6 inches. ©2012


I had an exciting day, which included a visit from this beautiful desert iguana who loved LOVED having his (her???) photo taken.




Love that.

2 comments:

Nic said...

Love the little ones! I, too, swing between the large and small and I love each of them precisely for their differences. Your minis are charming and feel big. :-)

annietiques said...

Karine, what a beautiful description of the artistic process...brought to mind the frustrations I have been feeling. Caring for my granddaughter, son and husband have left me with no uninterrupted blocks of time!!!! Need to fiqure out a way to obtain time!!!

Thank you for your insight, it is very very helpful!