Friday, November 9, 2012

Dog love

Someone flipped a switch, and BAM! it's windy and cold in the desert. (only 48 degrees F when I went out this morning with Mr. fuzzy Pono-who-loves-the-cold). The only reason I went outside was because of a pestering dog who couldn't WAIT to run out in the cold. Once out in the cold, this pestering dog stopped for a moment to sniff the wind, then ran and barked at absolutely nothing. Dogs are the best therapy out there. They know how to live in the moment. They show joy and enthusiasm for life and simple pleasures. They eat kibble, the same kibble, every day and don't complain. I am inspired by my dog.


While out on said run, we were joined by the bravest raven I have met so far. It flew right alongside us while we ran. Pono loves to bark at ravens, but despite his ferocious barking, this raven remained undaunted. It kept up with us, occasionally landing on a Joshua Tree to squawk at us. I felt like it really had something to say, but I don't speak raven. A little part of me wonders if it was merely trying to tease the dog. I tried to take a photo with my phone, but with the wind trying to blow the raven off the tree and the camera out of my hand, I'm afraid the photo is not worth posting.
Yesterday's stormy sunrise.
I am heading back into the studio today, as I am gearing up to show with the talented artists at JTAG starting in December. I will be showing new work there every month until April of 2013. Then, in April comes a solo show in Bakersfield at Metro Galleries. After selling so many paintings during the Art Tours, I have some work to do! Such a nice problem to have.

How are you adjusting to fall? Has everyone settled into the time change? (I still haven't, but I am loving being up to watch the sunrise every morning.) I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

4 comments:

Roberto Morris said...

I'm not adjusting to fall at all, but I'm glad Pono can appreciate it! I find this wind and cold very depressing, and even a big bowl of kibble won't help. Getting out to see some art and friends tomorrow should provide some temporary relief.

Annie said...

I agree, dogs are the best, though I love my cats too :-). It turned Winter here, I love all the seasons. You are indeed lucky to be selling so much and having two shows, must be nice, but well deserved. xoxo

ArtPropelled said...

Such a nice problem :-)
And now back into the studio with you.... There is work to be done. You are lucky to have dear Pono to get you out for a breather every day or you probably wouldn't surface. Today was our first really hot day after months of rain. I envy your Autumn!

Patty said...

Hey, congratulations on selling your work and having a show next year. Woo hoo!!