Wednesday, December 5, 2012

One last peek at Sequim

It's fun to look at my photos from Washington state after being back in the desert. Such contrast. Mushrooms, for example. Not something we see everyday in Joshua Tree, that's for sure.

This photo has pretty much everything Joshua Tree doesn't have: water, leaves and tall trees.
It was nice to see the ocean, too. I took photos of the water, but of course it's always the creatures that really capture my attention.



I even got to ride on a ferry, and see Seattle in sunshine. WOW.

I knew I was back in the desert, driving back from Las Vegas Airport, since I had to watch out for all the tarantulas crossing the road. I wanted a photo to share with all of you, but it didn't seem safe to lay down in the middle of a road to photograph a tarantula. (I now regret not taking that small risk, since I haven't seen a tarantula since I got home.)

I love visiting other places, but it is always always nice to be home.

2 comments:

Laura said...

such beauty here... those mushrooms and the bird taking off... precious!

ArtPropelled said...

I love the photo of the reflections in the water with yellow leaves and pebbles. It is always great to get home! .... but I couldn't help shuddering at the thought of tarantulas.