Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Disappearing Act


Did Karine fall off the face of the planet? Where did she go?

I am sure you are all wondering by now. I am sorry to disappear without notice, my dear blog readers. You know I do love you. As it turns out, my mother took a turn for the worse a little over two weeks ago. I wasn't going to travel to Denver right away, but things started looking really desperate on the night of Easter Sunday, so I did end up getting on a plane about a week and a half ago. I am back in Denver once again. I am beginning to feel like I live at the hospital. It has been a stressful couple of weeks, but I am delighted to announce that things seem to be improving with my Mom, and finally I feel more comfortable catching up with my blog. Please forgive me.

I want you to know, my fellow bloggers, I have been reading your blogs. Even though I have not commented, your writing and photos have been a much needed escape for me during these past weeks! Thank you.

I have some photos of the Mohave Yucca, which I took before I left Joshua Tree. This yucca is related to the Joshua Tree, but is shorter and more bush-like. I hate to say it, but I think I like these blossoms EVEN MORE than the blossom of the Joshua Tree. The buds start out this amazing red-violet color, and then they bloom in a delicate white. DIVINE! You can make your own mind up, I am sure.

8 comments:

Linda O'Neill said...

Hi Karine...I've missed you! I'm so sorry about your mom though. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help, ok? I'm not far away.

Maisie and I are thinking of you and send lots of love and many hugs. Hope your mom is feeling much better. xox

High Desert Diva said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I spent the better part of December in the hospital....a vigil for my grandmother. I so understand what you're going through. I was also so happy I had my laptop with me. The waiting was endless....the internet, mindless.

coloredsock said...

hey Karine, i'm sorry about your mom, and I hope she continues to improve. thanks for the beautiful desert photos. they always make me take deep, full breaths. xo

Archie and Melissa said...

Hi Karine!
I have been thinking of you. I am so sorry to hear that your mom was not feeling well, but I am so excited that she is feeling better!
I would love to see you while you are in town if it works out for you.
I will email you my phone number. Emmitt, Fred and I would love to meet you in person.
Love,
Melissa

lee said...

sorry to hear about your MOM, I am glad to hear she is improving. I know how it is my mother is 80. You never think of them as that age.

Lee

Anke Martin said...

Hi Karine, hope you mom is feeling better soon, sure sounds like a stressful and scary time. Lot's of cheer up your way. Thanks for the fotos.....wow from purple to white, that must be so beautiful! Enjoy it as much as possible and take lot's of fotos!!!! Smiles, Anke ;)

pRiyA said...

hi karine, i am glad to see this post and so relieved to know that things are improving with your mother. i hope that by your next post she will be even better.
and my god! these desert flowers, such beauty! thank you for taking the time to show this on your blog.
and you take care too.
lots of hugs and love from me.

Carla Sonheim said...

I've missed you terribly, but am happy you can be with your mom (and that she is doing so much better). Blessings to all of you!!