Monday, December 13, 2010

Common sights in Bali

Most of the chickens I saw in Bali were just running around loose, but every now and then you would come across fighting cocks.  Easily identified as such, since they were in baskets like these.  Despite their confinement, they had no trouble being heard.
It must be somewhat gory and dramatic, but I have a curiosity about cock fighting.  One day, I may just have to find a way to see it for myself.
All the cows look the same: caramel colored, dark-eyed, and healthy.  Many of them had shelters with thatched roofs, presumably to keep the sun off. 

Every bridge we crossed had one of these menacing guardians on either side.

Finally, a day with enough wind to sail.  The fishermen set out each evening.
I have always thought waterlilies were one of the most beautiful flowers.  This one was on the grounds of our hotel near Amed.

1 comment:

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Thanks for taking us on your trip...I am really enjoying this and love your fotos!