Wednesday, June 1, 2011
The Plight of a Lifelong Nerd
1. I grew up in South Dakota
2. I have worn glasses since I was in oh, like 4th grade. Despite the transition to contact lenses, I always have an image of myself: skinny & short, with braces and glasses. Un-cool.
3. I don't watch TV, but I have been known to spend hours watching the wild creatures outside our windows. Jackrabbits, quail, cottontails, lizards, and even the occasional roadrunner or coyote. That, for me, is entertainment.
4. I don't like the city. Traffic, noise, crowds...uck.
5. If given the choice, I would take a night at home alone over a night out at a party, pretty much anytime.
6. I don't really like the Beatles.
7. Abstract Art. My favorite.
8. Hours of my time are spent with books. Not Kindle.
9. Apple, MacIntosh, IPhones, ITunes. I don't really see the draw. Is it some kind of cult?
10. I am in love with the idea of dressing up to travel or go out in public, and I'm not talking about just putting on a clean t-shirt here. Hats, gloves, heels, lipstick. You see? Decidedly un-cool.
Don't worry. I am not upset about it.
Here I am, back in Joshua Tree, waiting for it to be 100 degrees. I know of at least two other people who like the hot summers as much as I do. (Pono is not one of the aforementioned people. Even if he WAS a person, instead of a dog.) Lovers of the heat, we must wait. It's been cool and windy. We'll get one day of hot weather, and then the wind comes and blows it all away. I haven't even switched my bed out of flannel sheets yet! But I am a notorious wimp, when it comes to the cold. So don't mind me. Much.
I swear, I am trying to be a better blogger.