Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Thursday

Here we are, at the tail end of a week that has been rather unproductive for me, at least in the studio.  I have been struggling with some whopping headaches, which I am attributing to bad allergies.  I am frustrated by the setback, but at least today I didn't wake up with pain in my head.  It's the first time I have felt like myself in five days.   I still plan to move slowly, just to be on the safe side.
Here the iguana is again, running from my camera.

This will be a brief post, because I am anxious to get back to my paint.  I just want to show you the desert iguana I saw yesterday, sitting in the shade.  I have had some trouble getting a good lizard photo, because those lizards are quite shy, especially when I have my camera.  (I swear they seem to know!)  I now resolve to strap my camera around my neck, until a good lizard shot is accomplished!

Here is the first painting of a tortoise I have done.  Another in the "art journal" series.   And no, this painting was NOT actually inspired by my tortoise sighting earlier this week.  I painted it last week, from a photo I had taken a year or two ago.  Isn't it interesting that I painted this, and then had my tortoise sighting?  I thought so too.  I just realized that many of you are new to my blog, and probably haven't read my past posts about the desert tortoise.  So if you want to know a bit more about this amazing creature, click here. 
"mnop."  Acrylic and mixed media on canvas, 8 x 8 inches.  ©Karine Swenson2011
I hope you all have a sunny, ice cream-laden weekend.  I plan to lock myself in the studio until something happens.

No comments: