|The staple gun and canvas pliers are in the bottom of the photo.|
|You can click on the image to enlarge it.|
The part that complicated matters for me this week was that the glass mason jar I used to heat my glue in cracked, and when I lifted the glass jar out of my water bath, all I got was the top part of my jar. The glue and the remaining part of the jar remained in the water bath. I had to start all over again!!!! (yes, there was cursing.)
Once the hide glue is dry, the oil primer can FINALLY be applied. I am experimenting with only one coat of oil primer on these. I am hoping to keep some of the texture of the canvas this way. (I am also nearly out of my oil primer.) I applied the oil primer yesterday, and I am still waiting for it to be dry. So you can see this is a rather labor intensive process. Now you know how it's done.
|This is painted on oil primed linen, from a previous session of stretching and priming.|