Thursday, May 31, 2012

Transportation

We've just returned from a whirlwind trip to Germany to visit some of M's relatives. I have had an overdose of planes, trains, buses and cars. Thus, I dedicate this post to transportation, in its many forms. I don't take photos in airports or airplanes, usually. I don't know why. Maybe next time I shall make it a point.








M got to drive a car on the Autobahn. There are great stretches where you can drive as fast as you want - heaven for the Evel Knievel in your life. There is a recommended speed limit of 130 km/h, and many sections of the autobahn do have speed limits. (for example, near road construction and near urban areas.) I didn't drive, but spent a good deal of time doing deep yoga breathing on the passenger side. One thing about driving at speeds near 150 km/h, when you do finally slow down to normal speeds it tends to feel like you aren't moving at all. Craziness.

Normally, I would be giving myself a day or two to sleep and re-adjust to this time zone, but as it turns out, I will be getting BACK in the car to drive to San Diego tomorrow. I am the featured artist at Art of Framing for the "Art Around Adams" artwalk this Saturday from 2 to 10 pm. I can't say I am overly excited to get back into a car, but I am excited to show my work to a new audience and meet new people!

No comments: