Thursday, April 24, 2014

Bliss



It's so easy to enjoy living in the desert right now. The days are warm, the nights are cool. There are still a few remaining bits of flowers in magical bloom. The front yard is full of colorful flowers, and the palo verde tree is yellow and filled with bees. I am beginning to see more lizards and quail. I was so happy on Tuesday to see our old friend the desert iguana - the one who must live in our backyard. He (she?) has gotten HUGE since we last saw each other. He didn't feel like posing for a photo, but I will get one yet. Just you wait.

I am reading de Kooning - An American Master. I have always felt a connection to de Kooning, and this book has me in thrall. I feel like I am getting a much clearer picture of the Art Scene in New York during the 40's and 50's, as well as a greater understanding of de Kooning's work. Highly recommended!!!

As promised, one more painting from the new series:
"Curiosities." Oil on canvas, 30 x 40 inches.
There are three more in various sizes in the works. The whole painting is so much better in person. (as always)

In other news, I am offering free shipping in Jackrabbit Junction, the etsy shop where I have some of my desert art for sale, until the end of April. Click here to see what's available.

Have a fantastic weekend, and thank you so much for all of your comments about my new painting!!! I appreciate it.

2 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Oohh.. curiosities?... I like that title. Glad you are continuing the theme.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much, Robyn! Yes, I am up to my armpits in this new series. ;)