Monday, June 23, 2014

Roadrunners

Wanna see something amazing? Yeah, I knew you did. Watch this:



I've been seeing a lot of roadrunners lately. Yesterday, I was making lunch and I kept hearing this noise. At first, I thought it was just the wind. Then, I realized it wasn't a normal wind sound, so I opened the front door and startled a roadrunner from under the front eaves. I think he/she was after the baby birds that are cheeping away there.


"Sauntering." oil on canvas, 9 x 12 inches.
In other news, I will be the featured artist at the Grateful Desert Herb Shoppe and EcoMarket in downtown Joshua Tree next month. The downtown galleries and shops have events for the Second Saturday each month. So if you find yourself in Joshua Tree on July 12th, from 6 to 8 pm, come on down to the Grateful Desert and say "hello." I will be showing desert animal works only.

I am heading to Seattle soon for one week to film for another online class with Carla and Steve Sonheim. It will be part of the "Art of Silliness" Summer Art Camp, which will begin at the end of July. I will keep you posted here, or you can sign up for my newsletter:





What are you up to so far this summer? Has anyone read any good books lately?


2 comments:

Roberta Warshaw said...

Beep, beep!

Anonymous said...

Now I LOVE Roadrunners even more! That was an amazing video. Sheesh.