Saturday, April 14, 2007

Art goes on

I can't believe it's been one entire week since I posted a blog! Sheesh. Here are the EXCUSES, EXCUSES, EXCUSES. There. Got that out of the way.

The good news is that I did manage to drive up and use the printmaking press in Buena Vista on Thursday. It had begun to snow already, but I decided if I didn't go, I would be mad at myself, so I just went. As it turns out, that was a good decision, because it stopped snowing in the afternoon, and I drove back to Salida on clear roads. I had an okay day in the studio. It wasn't great. I was struggling, trying to mix the colors I had in my mind. Plus, I hadn't had time to make any more of my cardboard bugs, so I wasn't feeling particularly inspired. Despite all of this, I am still really happy that I went. I feel much better when I can create art.

It snowed all day yesterday, and I stayed in the house for the most part, cleaning. It was just in time, since I got a call at the end of the day for a showing this afternoon. So that worked out nicely. I am ready for someone to buy the house, now, so I can get back to doing art, and not worrying so much about a clean house. What a waste of energy that is. I mean, I get the floor swept and mopped, and Pono the dog comes in and puts those cute but muddy paw prints in a trail to the living room. AAARGHH.... If anyone is looking to buy a fixed up Victorian in Salida, CO, please contact me immediately!!!

Today, Colorado is making up for two cloudy, cold days with that brilliant blue sky and some much missed sunshine. So I have almost forgiven it. Almost.

I am now headed out to the Salida Galleries for Second Saturday. It's like a miniature Artwalk the galleries have once a month. I am enjoying this event so much more as a spectator, than as a gallery owner! Yay!!! I get to see new art, talk to friends, and eat some nibblie food, all with no preparation. It is a vast improvement to being the owner of Cool Mountain Art, my recently closed gallery here in Salida (for those of you who don't know about this.)

I will leave you with another one of the "bug" monotypes from the last printing session.

1 comment:

Linda O'Neill said...

Yay...Karine is back! And a previous gallery owner?...you continue to surprise and amaze me, girl!

Love your new print...very bold and graphic.

Have a good Salida Sunday.xoxo