Monday, May 5, 2008

Switching to watercolor


A Fun Photo of Pono in the driver's seat of the Vanogan! He loves the "Gordita"! Oh, and I will post some photos of the VW interior soon, for Priya.

We have been working on landscaping the front courtyard for the past week. We bought gravel and flagstone, and we are trying to make it look pretty. Don't worry, you will have before and after shots. Just not today, because I am too tired to get them off my camera and post them. Flagstone is heavy. Oh, and also I think part of my problem is that I started running again yesterday, after a hiatus due to Denver trips and a hurt foot. So that is also contributing to my fatigue. Why am I telling you all of this? Because I felt that it was important I posted a bit more frequently on my blog, and this is what is on my mind right now.

Rather than more of this whining, I will post a photo of a new watercolor I completed last week. I did several, but I believe this is my favorite one. I find it interesting how I always return to watercolor at some point. I started with watercolor (the first painting I ever did was watercolor), so maybe it just feels like home.
More soon.

6 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

*waves to the handsome driver*

Yes, definitely need to see some before and after shots. Next years project will be a patio out back...possibly flagstone...not sure yet.

I love the colors in your painting, and find the title interesting. Desert inspired? Have your paintings changed much since your move?

lee said...

ok I laughed out loud with that picture of Pono, he is looking back like he is saying "got your seatbelts and lets getting going.

Love the new watercolour- the colour is amazing, do you work out the palette before you begin, or do you just go and see what works.

Linda O'Neill said...

Beautiful new watercolor, Karine. You have such a wonderful style.

And what can I say about that Pono boy...I'll ride in his car anytime!

pRiyA said...

aw, look at pono smiling! love the watercolour karine. it's beautiful!

Archie and Melissa said...

hi karine!
I love your new watercolor! it is gorgeous! no worries about not being able to see each other last week! we will definitely meet in person one day!
:) m

Carla Sonheim said...

Cool painting! And Pono rocks.