Friday, September 26, 2008

Art Tours are approaching

I have been working hard, hanging art, mounting art, framing art, printing cards, etc. I am getting ready for the Studio Tours. I think I have talked about it before, but since this is my first year to participate, I am feeling a bit of anxiousness and excitement. I am hoping to make a good impression! For more information about the tours, I would have you click on the link, but I am not sure they have all the information updated yet. So I will tell you what I know. My studio will be open on October 11th and 12th, from 9 to 5 pm. I will have original paintings, monotypes, giclee reproductions, note cards and gifts available for sale. I will be talking about my processes, my inspiration, and whatever else people want to know about my art. I may even have some munchies! There will be other artist's studios open for touring, and a map will be available. (At least that's what I have been told.) For questions about the tour, there is a website with a phone number, or you can email me (karine@karineswenson.com).

There have been many coyote sightings lately. Pono woke us up repeatedly last night, barking at coyotes that got too close to the house. I am tired today, and hoping he decides to sleep tonite. I have also come across a few king snakes during the morning runs with Mr. Pono. (I am quite glad they were king snakes, which are the non-poisonous variety! Especially since I very nearly stepped on one.) It was cooling off for a couple of days, but now we are back up to the nineties during the day, and the 70's at night.

That's about all the desert news for today. I will leave you with another lizard monotype. This one was "re-touched" slightly with pastel after it was dry. I love the colors in this one. It measures 7 x 5 inches for the art.

4 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

hi karine!
i love all of the work you are doing for this show! you are going to sell out!
xo
melissa

lee said...

love the lizard and the colour....hey you are going to do great at your show...you do great work...wish I lived closer I for sure would be there. At least PONO barks at coyotes, mine barks at anything that happens to be on our little street, I think she thinks she owns the street.

High Desert Diva said...

I want to see your studio/tour/artwork. Bah! Why are you so far away?

The lizard monotype is very HOT!

Finally saw a coyote in our yard two days ago! Runnin' through the sage brush.

80 degrees here today, but low 30's at night......brrrr! Makes getting dressed for the day interesting. Start out with shoes and socks, take flips with me for later in the day. Coat & gloves in morning, stripping off layers later....

Anke Martin said...

HI Karine! Sounds like you are really busy right now....I can feel with you. My opening will be on the 18th this month and I'm too a little nervous and excited. I sure wish you all the fun, meeting great poeple and a sucess on that day! I'm sure you make a great impression!
Smiles, Anke ;)