Friday, September 5, 2008

Even more monotypes


I am excited, because I get to go back to my friend Shant's house and use the press again tomorrow! I had fun Wednesday. I am exploring the desert dwellers in full, at the moment. I am sure it won't last, since nothing (besides the figure) really lasts with me. I guess I just like variety. Lots of variety.

Here is another one of the creatures who inspired me. The desert tortoise. If you remember, they briefly come out from underground to trudge around in late spring. (when they can feast on all of the flowers and green things.) Then, when the weather begins to really heat up, they burrow back down into the cool ground. I had taken a few photos of them when they were out, if you recall. This little monotype is from one of those photos. I cut the tortoise shape out of some cardboard (I drew it out first - I am not so good at free hand scissors.) The cardboard tortoise then gets placed on top of the plate after inking. I think this one might be my favorite.

I hope you all have a lovely, lovely weekend! I think I have the best blog readers!!! I DO have the best blog readers!

3 comments:

lee said...

I Love these monotypes, I love the turtle and the other critter. I love the colours. I would love to try montypes, I am going to go the university on line and see if they have a class in this.

Archie and Melissa said...

hi karine!
oh the colors and textures you are achieving are wonderful! i just love your turtle!
i cannot wait to see what you make today!

Carla Sonheim said...

These are so wonderful... turtles are very cool creatures. Great feet!