Friday, May 14, 2010

Fauna

The desert air is scented with the flowers blooming.  The wind has finally calmed to a reasonable level, and I sit at the computer, quietly admiring a cottontail that is helping me with my weed problem.  Life is good.  Pono is at my feet, panting and ready for his evening stroll.

We had a good time in Henderson, and got a chance to meet some lovely people.  The wind did become a problem, and I am happy that my whole booth didn't blow over, as did the booth of my neighbor across the way who was selling some really cute hats.  At one point, there were about six people holding my booth down, and I did have to take it all down early.  I apologize to anyone who came after I had taken my booth down.  I did try to hold out as long as I could!

Our next outdoor art festival will be the Sunnyvale Art and Wine Festival on June 5th and 6th.  If you are near Sunnyvale, please stop by!!!  I'd love to see you.  Show hours are from 9:30 am to 6 pm Saturday and Sunday, and the Festival is located in downtown Sunnyvale.

This spring has seen an abundance of babies in our local desert.  Recently, two mourning doves left their nest under the eaves.  They seemed to think the barbeque grill was a safe haven, and I managed to snap a couple of photos before they finally flew off for good.

We also have been visited by a tiny cottontail rabbit this past week.  I wish the mother would appear beside it, for scale.  You will just have to believe me when I say that this tiny bunny is a precious, minuscule version of the ones normally devouring my landscaping. 
I leave you with photos of two of my newest oil paintings, called Forest Sojourn I and II.  They both measure 12 x 12 inches. 
 
Have a terrific weekend, all of you crazy cats!

2 comments:

L.Holm said...

Hi, Karine! Lovely post. I could feel myself breathing deeply and relaxing just reading it and picturing the beauty of your area.
I love your shots of the mourning doves. We have robins who are nesting around the house, and unfortunately attack our windows and car. Huge mess! I'm looking forward to the chicks hatching.

beautiful paintings. Hope your next show is less windy. :-D

ArtPropelled said...

So disappointing when a lot of preparation goes into something and then bad weather spoils it.
Love the little bunny. I bet his momma's ears are longer than he is.