Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Cottontail

I have been neglecting this blog because I am spending quite a bit of time with the blog I am running for the MBCAC Art Tours.  If you come here and see the same ol' post once again, I suggest you hop on over to the Hi-Desert Art Beat.  I have a few wonderful writers helping me with that blog, but I also write many of the posts myself.  It's exciting to see the abundance of talent surrounding me in the high desert.

I do have a recent painting to show you.  This one was inspired by a young cottontail who came to visit one day early in the summer.  I sat by the window, right next to an intent dog, and watched and photographed the bunny for about 10 minutes.  That was a time when I COULD spend 10 minutes watching a cottontail.  Those days seem long gone, but I hope to one day regain that kind of time to spend absorbing nature in all its wondrous glory.
"Curiosity.  Oil on canvas, 8 x 10 inches.  Karine Swenson 2010"
The best part about the cottontail sniffing this post was what occurred afterward.  There was clearly something frightening about what he smelled (probably a dog, who most likely marked the post), and he jumped straight up in the air and ran off.  That kind of thing is a bit hard to capture in paint. 

I hope to have more new paintings to show you soon!  Thanks for stopping by, dear friends!

1 comment:

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Nice wabbit.............we have sooo many wabbits here right now toooo ....I am lucky we have a fence!!
Cynthia Schelzig,,,a.k.a. Cynnie