Tuesday, August 10, 2010

News

My husband left last week, rather suddenly, for Thailand.  A job opportunity had presented itself.  I am thrilled that he is going to be flying the 747 again, but Thailand is SO FAR.  All of the responsibilities that he had taken on have now become my responsibilities.  I am glad that I can help, but of course everything places a demand on my time - time that would be spent on my art.  (oh, and this blog!)  We had a few precious months of him being home, which is something we have rarely enjoyed in all of our years of marriage.  Just as I was getting used to having him around, *poof* and he is gone once again.  We are not sure when he will be able to come home.  It is a contract position for 5 months.  FIVE MONTHS.

Whew.

I take deep breaths.  I give the Pono dog lots of hugs and kisses and probably more attention than he is really interested in.  And I do whatever I can to be at home near the computer at 5 pm, so that I can talk to my husband on Skype.  That is how I will continue.

Here is a page from my sketchbook.  Studies of the antelope ground squirrel - one of Pono's favorite desert creatures.  (They squeak!  They dig holes!  WHAT could be more exciting?!)

3 comments:

Kathleen J. said...

I went through this kind of thing when my husband was in the Navy in the days before Skype and the internet. Be thankful for those, keep creating and he will be back before you know it.

Cynthia,,,Cynnie said...

These sketches are great..I especially like the bottom one.
Just think of all the extra time you´ll have for art....draw ,,,paint...and befor you know it...poof....he´ll be back:)

ArtPropelled said...

5 Months!! Poor you. Thanks goodness for Pono to keep your spirits up.