Friday, August 12, 2011

Flowers and paintings


I have been feeling a lot like the busy bees swarming around the purple blooms of the bush in my front yard these past few days.  Painting, getting ready to travel, drawing, and trying to teach Pono that he can go out the dog door even without me holding the doors open and coaxing him.  (Improvements with the dog door are happening, but slowly.)  Tomorrow I pack.  Sunday I get in the car with Pono and drive to Reno, NV.  M's parents will be granddog sitting, and that is where they are.  I fly out of Reno on Tuesday. 

A long "to do" list prevents me from rambling on and on today.  Two new paintings:
"Strings."  Oil on canvas, 14 x 14 inches.  ©Karine Swenson 2011

"The Ripening."  Oil on canvas, 14 x 14 inches.  ©Karine Swenson 2011
Have a terrific weekend!  (Terrific - a word I never use, but if Willem De Kooning used it, it must be a good word.) 

3 comments:

Cynthia Schelzig said...

mmmm I love both pieces....wow, and hey, they do look terrific....that is a funny word and I was wondering why I just recently started using it...your guess is as good as mine...but now I feel better using it atleast:) have a terrificly, terrific weekend!

Annie said...

Lovely new work, lovely flowers.
Glad Pono has a good place to be while you are away. Safe travels and have fun! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I love the airy, light quality!

~Janis