Monday, January 23, 2012

Year of the Dragon

Every morning, God paints something new with the clouds and the rising sun. Saturday and today brought a lot of wind, but not much rain. The desert will always beg for rain.

I have been busy in the studio. This will be a post of few words, since it is already later than I thought it was, and I have a busy day ahead of me tomorrow. I started writing this when I first got up this morning, and now it is the end of the day, and I still haven't progressed much! Ah well, there is only so much one person can do in one day, and I am a firm believer in sleeping.

This is the start of the Chinese New Year - the year of the dragon. Actually, yesterday was. China is sixteen hours ahead of us.

Here is a windy day painting: (Not the best photo in the world. It was too windy to photograph it in the natural light.)
"Disturbance." Oil on Canvas, 30 x 24 inches. ©Karine Swenson 2012.
Something new, for the new year. When the wind subsides a bit I will take a REAL photo of it and post it for you.

4 comments:

Tina Bluefield said...

pretty exciting painting, Karine...

Patty said...

Hey there friend. This painting has a very exciting vibe to it. Nice going!

ArtPropelled said...

Oooh I'm loving your new paintings Karine, especially this one.

Carla Sonheim said...

wow wow wow