Monday, April 2, 2012

Blooming Things


This is the time of year when things in our yard begin a magical display. So much fun! My favorite cactus is in bloom. These blossoms are big - about the size of my hand, and they are short-lived. Usually, they only last one day. But what they lack in longevity they make up for in grandeur.
Oh, and they smell divine!



The two fuzzy looking balls I focused on here are future blossoms!
 M went back to Thailand on Saturday night. :(  The good news is that it is beginning to sound more and more like he will be back in a couple of weeks. AND he may get a couple of months at home! Cross your fingers for us. It would be nice to have a husband at home a bit more. These photos are mainly for him, since he missed this glorious display by only one day. (I love you, M.)

Needless to say, I didn't get too much painting done while M was here, so this week will be all about going back to work in the studio.
"Garden of Delights." Oil on canvas, 36 x 36 inches. ©Karine M Swenson2012
"Abstract art is dominated by that same desire for complete and absolute freedom and perfection which inspires saints, heroes, and madmen. It is a peak on which only a few creative artists and their admirers can maintain themselves." -Fernand Leger



3 comments:

Nic said...

*crossing fingers for you* I hate when my beloved leaves and his are only short trips so I feel for you. As to the pictures of the cactus flowers -- *swoon* They are so beautiful! Love the new painting too! :-)

Patty said...

I had no idea cactus flowers were so beautiful! Thank you for sharing. Love - LOVE Garden of Delights!!

Deb Ammerman said...

I love your new series of paintings, and your favorite cactus photos are beautiful! :)