Friday, April 6, 2012

A Good Friday

A small sampling of the flowers in my garden right now:

Is there such a thing as too much orange? You decide.


As I was sitting here this morning, working on the images for this blog post, a coyote came trotting up to the water dish I set out for the animals. I grabbed my camera without getting up (it shied a bit), I carefully aimed and took a photo of the top of its head. The sound of the camera was enough to scare it away. DANG. I need another photo of a coyote, and they just don't want to cooperate. I am going to have to figure out how to turn off all the sounds of my camera, with the hope that coyotes will get thirsty again.

Until I get another good coyote photo, I have resorted to doing paintings from blurry photos, like this painting I (think) I just finished.
"Morning Stroll." Oil on canvas, 18 x 24 inches. ©2012 Karine M Swenson

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter Weekend! Here's to surviving yet another holiday filled with sugar-loaded junk food. As a recovering choc-o-holic, I have to put a great distance between me and chocolate Easter Bunnies. They are cute and taste good, but if I eat them, my teeth will rot out and my jeans won't fit. Instead, I am going to dye Easter Eggs and eat an apple. If I make it through the holiday without succumbing to temptation, I will feel like I have really accomplished something! The new religion of sugar is alive and well, but I no longer believe in it. Sorry, Hershey's.

3 comments:

pRiyA said...

Wise decision regarding the Easter eggs Karine. The flowers in your garden are stunning and your coyote has such beautifully expressive eyes.

Nicole Hyde said...

Ooooh, those oranges are a feast for the eyes -- so vibrant. Great coyote!

Patty said...

Love the photos. And the coyote! Nicely done. Happy Easter Friend!