Monday, September 24, 2012

A Fall Return

Hi. It's been over a month since I have written anything, but I am back again. I hope all of you are doing okay. I will try to catch up with all of my fellow bloggers this week, if I can. Sorry for the long silence. Sometimes a person just needs to retreat and re-group. Maybe that's what I was doing.

I recently watched the movie "The World's Fastest Indian" starring Anthony Hopkins. If you have yet to see this movie, I highly recommend it. Especially the part where Hopkins' character (Burt Munro) says to the neighbor boy "If you don't follow your dreams, Thomas, you might as well be a vegetable."

I will be having a giveaway on Wednesday here on the blog, so if you like trying for a chance to get something for free, please check back on Wednesday! (I am not going to spoil the surprise.)

I am gearing up for this year's Hwy. 62 Art Tours. I am going to once again open my studio for the last weekend of October. Walls are being patched and painted. Wires are being put on new paintings. Things are getting framed, dusted and generally cleaned up. I plan to have everything looking sharp! For those of you on my mailing list, some postcards will be sent out in the next week or so. (Some of you have already gotten yours.) This is a once-a-year event, and it is the biggest event for the art community here in the Morongo Basin. I hope you are marking your calendars for October27th and 28th! More about this event will be available in the upcoming weeks, but if you have questions, please feel free to email me.

It is slowly beginning to feel like fall, and today brings a gusty wind. I had forgotten about wind, it's been so calm and hot. It won't be long now before I am dragging out longer sleeves and (ulp!) SOCKS.

What have YOU been doing lately?

Here is a still-wet-and hot-off-the-easel Cottontail painting:
"Tail End." Collage, acrylic and oil on board. 12 x 9 inches. Karine Swenson  ©2012


3 comments:

Patty said...

It seems like we all needed to pull back and rest this last month or so.
Karine, I love this piece. I love that you are combining different elements of your skill into one work. This is an exciting move.

Nic said...

So nice to see you back! Retreating is an important phase - I wholeheartedly support and encourage that. :-)

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Tail End...super title....and super collage...love the brushwork too.