Saturday, September 29, 2012

We have a WINNER!

Hello everyone! The moment has come. Out of 87 unique and wonderful comments, a random winner has been chosen. It is Jorin! Congratulations, Jorin!!!! You have just won a copy of Carla Sonheim's newest book Drawing and Painting Imaginary Animals. Thank you to everyone who left a comment. I had fun reading all of your comments. And just so you know, Jorin, the reason my jackrabbit has such big ears is because I exaggerated his ears. He is imaginary (although based on a real jackrabbit.) I love those big jackrabbit ears.


Thanks again, everyone who left comments and visited my blog. If you didn't win this time, do hop back on over to Carla's blog. There will be more chances to win.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

I leave you with my latest painting of a bobcat. This animal is NOT imaginary, rather the painting was based on a photo I took of a bobcat that was in our backyard. It was stalking a rabbit, and you can see how just one paw was in motion:

"Stalking." Oil on board, 16 x 20 inches. ©Karine Swenson2012

6 comments:

Carla Sonheim said...

Love the bobcat... and I would say that it is "imaginary" in the sense that he is PAINTED... and he (or she) has wonderful "Karine" stylizations!

Jorin said...

It's so cool to win the book, thank you Karine! And I love your bobcat, too, it's seems like it is ready for jump, it's very much alive.
Love,
Jorin

Cynthia Schelzig said...

A gorgeous bobcat indeed!!Have a wonderful Sunday!!

Unknown said...

Hi Carla,
Yes, you are right. I once heard an artist say the minute you move your eye from the subject to your paper (or canvas or whatever) you are already working from memory.

Jorin, I KNOW you are going to love the book. I just got my copy yesterday, and it is wonderful!

Thanks for the comments!

Anonymous said...

I know that cat needs to eat, but I hope the bunny escaped.

We saw that movie, "The Fastest Indian" a few years ago. Such a good movie that too few saw. I'd highly recommend it to everyone.

Glad to see you're back and getting ready to show your work!

Terry V.

Corinne Bekker said...

Wonderful bobcat, Karine! I love your loose style, with the light differently colored specks (is that even correct in English...?).