Thursday, November 16, 2006

Gallery Sitting


Another day of sitting in my gallery, Cool Mountain Art. One would think that with the upcoming holidays, things would be picking up around here. However, I have been here since about 11:15 this morning and I have only had 2 people come in. They were artists. I do actually like it that artists come in. It is fun to meet other artists, and to talk to them. I even have artists who buy my work - a huge compliment!! But these two were not the buying sort. The good news is that I am getting a lot of work done.
I have just made an appointment to go up to AVAC and use the printmaking press next Tuesday. Hooray! I am actually ready to go up there right now, but I do have other business to take care of. I forgot my camera today, so I can't put up another picture of a monotype. I do have one of my new favorite oil paintings to post. The thing you can't see in this photo is that the painting is continued around the edges of the canvas, which is deep, and it looks really cool hanging flat against the wall. I will find a photo of the edges so you can see that, too.
I will have to burn the midnight oil now, if I expect to have a new body of work before we move. I thought I would have about 6 months to create more work, but it is now looking like that might not be the case. We might end up listing our house right away, and if it sells quickly, we will move quickly!!! eeeks!
For those who don't know, my husband, who is a pilot, just got a new job and we are moving near LA. Somewhere. Don't know where yet. I've never been there, so

No comments: