Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Things I've learned

One of the ways to stay young, I've heard, is to keep learning.  In an effort to do just that, here are a few things I have just learned recently.

1.  Even if your hair is wet, if there is enough electricity in the air, it will still stand on end.  No kidding.  It did!
2.  I am not particularly good at saying no.  Improvement is needed in this area.
3.  All the spiders in your house seem to appear at night, when you are least prepared to deal with them.
4.  The key to containing your anger (at spiders, say) is to stop and breathe.  Try not to get out a big shoe. 
5.  If the dog paws at you AND whines, he really does have to go out and isn't just being irritating.
6.  If there is something you really want to accomplish, YOU are the person in charge of making it happen.  No one else. 


A new painting.
This was the favorite painting of the weekend.  Oil on canvas, 24 x 18 inches.  It's called "Gaiety."

8 comments:

Patty said...

I think we need to hear more about #1!

emmet said...

Gaiety is gorgeous...
gorgeous gorgeous~!!!!

pRiyA said...

Yes, to all, except change dog to cat in point no.5 and I agree totally and wholeheartedly to point no.6.

pRiyA said...

ps: that's a very interesting painting.

Unknown said...

Patty, the wind we have had lately has caused our house to become charged with static electricity. After I washed my hair this morning, I walked from the kitchen to the bathroom and noticed that a few strands of my hair were standing straight up with an electric charge. Wild!

Thanks for the comments, all!

bigBANG studio said...

so about that wind- you think it's finally gone?! and at least those spiders are eating whatever pesky bugs are out and about. so proud of you for being so productive in the studio last weekend! xoxo

ArtPropelled said...

Yes to all points. No. 6 is something I need to pin on my noticeboard. Gaiety is light and uplifting .... Spring picnics and soft laughter.

Peggi Habets Studio said...

Very cool painting Karine. Great movement, color and whimsy.