Tuesday, December 19, 2006

White Christmas?


We woke up this morning to almost a foot of snow, and it snowed most of the day. It is amazingly beautiful. I am not a big fan of the cold, but if it snows, then I will forgive it for being cold. Snow is awesome. Pono the dog loves it. He loves to lay down in it, roll onto his back, four paws kicking straight up in the air, and then he will turn his head so that he can scoop up the snow and eat it, without getting up. Fun!!!

I haven't done much art in the past couple of days. I did rework some of the monotypes with pastel on Sunday, but that's about it. Too busy getting ready for Christmas. Wrapping presents, mailing out cards, etc. It is such a busy time of year. The monotypes are still selling, and I am thrilled about that. So not only do I have fun creating the monotypes, but I am selling them, too! Heavenly.

I was going to be in the gallery today, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. My husband, Matthias is leaving for 6 months of training in Hong Kong on Thursday, and I have been following him around the house like a puppy. I don't really think there would have been much in the way of business with snow like this. Maybe I was wrong about that, but with less than two weeks left of the gallery, I definitely have that short - timers syndrome going on. It's just too hard to really care that much about a business that will cease to exist when the year ends.

No comments: