Saturday, December 30, 2006

Farewell to life as a gallery owner


Today was the final day for me as a gallery owner of Cool Mountain Art! I barely made it into the gallery, because I think I am just done with it. I am done sitting in there, feeling like I am a zoo animal, stuck in a cage for people to gawk at and poke fun of. Fortunately, I did make it in, since many good things happened in the gallery today. I can't write about it yet, because none of the things that happened have solidified, but the day held a lot of promise, and it was a magical, wonderful feeling. I needed the hope, since I was a little teary-eyed this morning before going in, about the whole closing thing. I think with big changes like this, there is always a mixture of excitement and sadness.

I was going to post a photo of the gallery, in the final days, however, I forgot to bring the camera home with the digital images on it, so maybe I can add the photo tomorrow. Instead, I am going to post a photo of a pastel painting I did in Hawaii, called "The Woodland Fairy." She is not the fairy you might have imagined a woodland fairy to be. As you can see, this is a Fairy you shouldn't mess with. I like that about her.

No comments: