Monday, March 5, 2007

New monotypes


I spent Thursday and Friday up at the Colorado Mountain College, creating more monotypes. For those of you who don't know what a monotype is, please refer to my earlier post, from January 15th.I have been experimenting with using more ink, lots of ink! The textures I'm getting with more ink are really intriguing, but it also means it takes longer for the work to dry. So I have to lay out all the work on the table to get it dry. I am using oil based printers' inks, which is one of the other reasons it takes longer to dry. (the alternative is water based inks) I prefer the oil based inks, because I like the deep, saturated colors. I still love this process of monotypes!

I would also like to tell you that it feels wonderful to create art again, after a reprieve like the one I had in Hong Kong. AAAAAHHHHH...

This week will be spent painting the living room and ceiling in our house, because I am going to try to get this little Salida house on the market by the end of this week. If I complete this goal, my reward will be more time spent with the press on Friday. Here goes!

No comments: