Friday, March 2, 2007

News

I'm still not over the jet lag thing. I didn't think it would take this long! The good news for you is that I have time in the morning to post on this blog.

I forgot to tell you the exciting news. One of the things I found in the mail was an envelope with my own handwriting, addressed to me. Now these envelopes are what I send to galleries, juried shows, etc. So opening one of these is not without a certain amount of "steeling myself" for possible hard to take news. This particular envelope was from a national juried show I recently entered in Fort Collins. When I opened the results, I first saw two red check marks (bad) and my heart had just begun to sink, when lo and behold - SOMETHING WAS ACCEPTED!!! Amazing! So here is the drawing that got in.


This is a drawing I did of my good friend, Padgett. The paper is a tan color, and it was done in charcoal. I did do this from a live sitting, not a photograph. That is why each and every detail is not resolved. One thing about a photograph - it doesn't ever have to move. You will always be able to tell a piece of art done from a photograph, because the artist has all the time in the world to perfect each detail. I'm afraid it's a bit too fussy for me.

Here are the other two pieces I entered, that didn't get in. Just so you can be your own judge. What do you think? Do you agree that the juror picked the best one?

No comments: