Thursday, September 27, 2007

Postcards


Another week has passed by, and I have neglected my blog fans terribly. I apologize! I find it difficult to sit down at the computer when there are people in the house. My in-laws were here over the weekend, and yesterday, a new friend and her dogs visited us. Today, I finally have a quiet house, and I will do my best to make up for lost days.

Some of you have probably received a postcard from me. If you didn't get one, and would like one, please email me. I will be happy to send one out. I did not send everyone the same image, as I ordered three different ones, so I thought it would be fun to post all three, so you can see them together. If you don't like the postcard you received, I apologize, but I did try to chose carefully! If you want one, don't delay - it will have to be a first come, first serve kind of thing, because I only have a few left! For those of you who are just finding my blog because of the postcard, welcome to the blog! I am nearing my 100th blog post, and I am contemplating doing something special to celebrate this milestone! So stay tuned!

The weather is beginning to cool off at last here in the desert. Yesterday, Pono and I went for about a 3 hour hike with our new friend and her two dogs. It was wonderful to be out in the middle of the day, and not feel like we were going to cook. I know we will have a fun time exploring the area surrounding our new home. Joshua Tree National Park is only minutes away, but I am not sure they allow dogs on the trails there. So we will seek other dog-friendly places for our discoveries.

Pono and Matthias and I did get to visit the ocean on Tuesday, and Pono had a lot of fun, playing with his ball near the water. He does go into the water, and is getting braver about waves, but he has never been much of a swimmer. He likes to lay down in the shallow part, to cool off. He has learned not to drink the salty water, after the disaster of our last visit, so that is good news. I love the ocean. It is nice to be close enough to visit every couple of weeks or so. It is a contrast after living in Colorado, where I was lucky to see the ocean once a year.

Matthias is gone on a trip once again, so new paintings will be coming soon! Here is a sample of a new series I am working on. It measures 12 x 12 x 2.5" and is oil on canvas. I haven't found the title just yet...

2 comments:

Linda O'Neill said...

Nice painting, Karine. You know what's funny though...I actually see a Parrot with a long white beak in it! I've got Parrots on the brain though since I've been painting one!

Pono looks so happy in that photo...what a sweet boy he is.

lee said...

Hope you did well as your garage sale. Isnt it nice to meet a new friend and to be able to go with your dogs for walks.. I always moved around all my life my dad was in the Air forces, so we make friends and then move on. Now that I am older and not moving much I have had the same friends for years, and I love meeting new ones..........