Friday, February 29, 2008
Self Portrait in Words
I've been tagged by my friend, Priya, on her blog The Plum Tree. So I guess I have to tell you seven things about myself.
1. Ummm...I am naturally a BLONDE, not a redhead!!! ha ha ha It's true. I was a toe-head as a child, with that white head of hair, and it just got more dishwater-like as I aged. And then one day, I discovered HAIR DYE. It was all over after that.
This is a pastel self portrait I did while living on Maui, as a natural blonde.
2. Without my contact lenses, I cannot see the big "E" on the eye chart. (The day I found that out, I cried.) I am quite near-sighted.
3. I just asked my husband what I should tell you about me and he said, "You're very...entertaining." We both laughed.
4. A favorite guilty pleasure is a good book, a comfy chair, and a cup of hot tea. I can read ALL DAY.
5. I like punk rock music.
6. I really love people. They fascinate me. (perhaps the reason I like to draw and paint them!)
7. I once petted a lion. A big male, rumbling LION!!! In South Africa. It was amazing.
Obviously, there is more to me, but I tried to pick things you didn't already know.
Oh, I almost forgot, I am supposed to tag seven people. So, here you are:
Melissa and Emmitt
Linda and Maisie
I'll have to think of number 7 later. I'm too tired to think of more right now!
May you all have a delightful weekend.